Your battery has the important role of supplying your vehicle with power. If your battery dies, then your vehicle will not run. The battery does more than just start your car -- it also powers electronic components like your radio, alarm and windows. Having your battery inspected and serviced regularly can save you time and money.
Battery maintenance and diagnostics:
- Check for loose connections, dirt and corrosion
- Make sure cables are tight and secure
- Clean cable ends and battery terminals
- Apply a protective coating to delay corrosion
- Replace worn or damaged cable ends
- Perform voltage testing to measure performance in harsh weather conditions
Your battery will last an average of four years under normal conditions. However, your battery life can vary depending on maintenance, driving style and driving conditions. If you feel that you may need a new battery or have any questions, stop by Tri-State Nissan today!